Move your classroom to Silver Dollar City May 8 – 17 and provide your students with the ultimate combination of education and fun.
Or Call 800-417-7770
2014 Education Activities (included with Park Admission)
- Marvel Cave Mystery Tours - Join fellow spelunkers as you travel through Marvel Cave attempting to solve the mystery of what nearly wiped out our Gray Bat population a couple decades ago. Complete a student workbook as you go from station to station gathering evidence and solving equations to help you determine the culprit.
Three scheduled tours are available with a capacity of 50 students each: 10:30, 12:00 and 1:30. Please call 800.417.7770 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations.
- Social Studies in the Carousel Barn – Sit down with your students and listen while Silver Dollar City’s own Frisco Jack brings history to life with one of the following lessons at 10:00, 12:00 & 1:30:
- The History of Silver Dollar City
- The War of 1812 (coincides with the flag lesson in the schoolhouse)
- Outlaw Run has educational value! Did you know that the stagecoach played a key role in Missouri’s history with Butterfield Stage Line? Students will learn about this pivotal part of Missouri’s heritage from our very own, "Roach" at 11:00.
- American Flag History Lessons in Schoolhouse – Historical Oak Trail Schoolhouse is located off of our square. Our schoolmarm delivers lessons three times a day on the history of the American Flag. Each student is encouraged to do an origami exercise and leaves with a folded paper star. They will also receive an official “Oak Trail” schoolhouse stamp on their completed patriotic project. Lessons at 10:30, 1:30 & 3:00.
- Homestead Pickers Perform and Showcase Folk Music and Primitive Instruments – Silver Dollar City is proud to showcase the Homestead Pickers. They are top-notch entertainers and recording artists that have toured as far as Ireland to educate students on Folk Music. The Pickers’ hope is that learning can be made fun through studying and singing folk songs. The Homestead Pickers were asked by the Homeschool world to put together a collection of folk songs to meet the need of teaching the origin and importance of this music genre. They have researched, compiled, recorded and accumulated many versions of the most cherished folk songs influenced by American Pioneers. Stop by the Historical Homestead and catch these knowledgeable entertainers for your look into the world of folk song and primitive instruments at 9:30, 10:30, 2:30 & 3:45.
- Teacher Appreciation Lounge – Silver Dollar City wants to show educators just how much we appreciate all of your hard work with today’s students. Please take time to visit us at Molly’s Loft in the Mill Restaurant from 12:00-2:00- and receive a complimentary gift bag, cookies & refreshments and more educational information to utilize our park as your off-campus classroom.
- Special Admission & Meal Pricing available for school groups of 10 or more.
- 1 Complimentary Chaperon ticket provided for every 10 tickets purchased.
- Return unused tickets for a full refund.