Move your classroom to Silver Dollar City May 8 – 17 and provide your students with the ultimate combination of education and fun.
Or Call 800-417-7770
2014 Education Activities (included with Park Admission)
- Marvel Cave Tours –Travel back in time and walk in the footsteps of early explorers as you venture 300 feet below the surface into the largest cathedral room in the United States. During your 30-minute guided tour, learn about the rich history, science and mystery behind one of nature’s greatest wonders, Marvel Cave. During School Days, tours focus on education and provide students with an opportunity to ask the experienced guides questions along the journey. Tours depart every 30 minutes and registration is available on a first come, first serve basis on the day of your visit. Registration takes place inside the Silver Dollar City Hospitality House (just inside the turnstiles) at the Cave Desk. Learn more about Marvel Cave.
- Homestead Lessons – Sit down with your students and listen while Silver Dollar City’s own Frisco Jack brings history to life. Vote for what lesson you would like to hear Jack teach by “clicking here” 3/31/2014. Choose from: 1.) The role the White River played in local development. 2.) This area’s part in the Civil War. 3.) The War of 1812 (coincides with the flag lesson in the schoolhouse) 4.) The History of the Baldknobbers 5.) The history of Silver Dollar City
- Outlaw Run has educational value! Did you know that the stagecoach played a key role in Missouri’s history with the Westward Expansion? Students will learn about this pivotal part of Missouri’s heritage from our very own, Jack Farrow.
- American Flag History Lessons in Schoolhouse – Historical Oak Trail Schoolhouse is located off of our square. Our schoolmarm delivers lessons three times a day on the history of the American Flag. Each student is encouraged to do an origami exercise and leaves with a folded paper star. They will also receive an official “Oak Trail” schoolhouse stamp on their completed patriotic project.
- Homestead Pickers Perform and Showcase Folk Music and Primitive Instruments – Silver Dollar City is proud to showcase the Homestead Pickers. They are top-notch entertainers and recording artists that have toured as far as Ireland to educate students on Folk Music. The Pickers’ hope is that learning can be made fun through studying and singing folk songs. The Homestead Pickers were asked by the Homeschool world to put together a collection of folk songs to meet the need of teaching the origin and importance of this music genre. They have researched, compiled, recorded and accumulated many versions of the most cherished folk songs influenced by American Pioneers. Stop by the Historical Homestead and catch these knowledgeable entertainers for your look into the world of folk song and primitive instruments at scheduled times to be announced soon.
- Teacher Appreciation Lounge – Silver Dollar City wants to show educators just how much we appreciate all of your hard work with today’s students. Please take time to visit us at the Loft of Molly’s Mill from 12:00-2:00- and receive a complimentary gift bag, cookies & refreshments and more educational information to utilize our park as your off-campus classroom.
- Special Admission & Meal Pricing available for school groups of 10 or more.
- 1 Complimentary Chaperon ticket provided for every 10 tickets purchased.
- Return unused tickets for a full refund.