Thankful & Grateful For Those Dreaming Big & Doing Good
As 2018 comes to a close, we want to take a moment to reflect on the belief that if each and every one of us take the time to dream big and do good, we can fundamentally change our families, our schools, our communities and the world!
This year with our new spinning coaster, Time Traveler®, we were inspired by revolutionary thinkers of past, present and future. The story behind the World’s Fastest, Steepest & Tallest Spinning Coaster encouraged all people to DREAM without boundaries and realize that the impossible is always possible. Dreaming is important, but you have to do something about those dreams to make a difference. And, that’s Time Traveler’s mantra … Dream Big! Do Good!
Each and every day, there are special people in our communities that do just that…trailblazers for change, heroes that make a difference, classroom teachers who inspire students by example and propel education forward! We salute the 280 teachers and 128 community heroes who were nominated over the course of the year.
In the end, 10 Teachers were awarded $10,000 total to turn their classrooms upside down, and 10 Community Heroes were given Branson Getaways worth over $15,500 total to honor them for their efforts.
We are both thankful and grateful for the extraordinary individuals who won:
- Roger Brallier, Teacher from Hollister Middle School in Hollister, MO
- Tonya Claybrook, Teacher from Highlandville Elementary in Spokane, MO
- Sophie Chambers, Teacher from Dewey Elementary in Chillicothe, MO
- Jenny Connell, Community Hero from Tulsa, OK
- Tabitha Eutsler, Teacher from Jeffries Elementary in Springfield, MO
- Jennifer Gast, Community Hero from Cape Girardeau, MO
- Mark Meyer, Community Hero from Claremore, OK
- Tori McBain, Teacher from West Elementary in Ozark, MO
- Rachel McNeill, Teacher from Ray Miller Elementary in Kirksville, MO
- Kim Patterson, Teacher from Kickapoo High School in Springfield, MO
- Shawn Raymond, Community Hero from Neodesha, KS
- Aaron Reddin, Community Hero from North Little Rock, AR
- Laura Schulteis, Teacher from Robberson Elementrary in Springfield, MO
- Matthew Sims, Community Hero from Elgin, OK
- Rhonda Singletary, Community Hero from West Plains, MO
- Wendy Songe, Community Hero from Tulsa, OK
- Leslee Tell, Teacher from Conway Area Career Center in Conway, AR
- Charolette Tidwell, Community Hero from Fort Smith, AR
- Gina Villasmil, Community Hero from Independence, KS
- Savanna Wewers, Teacher from Paris Middle School in Paris, AR